Monday, March 25, 2013

Meet Albina Rose our Latest Contributor

Meet Albina Rose our Latest Contributor
My short story. I make jewelry. It is designed for the free spirit, infused with romance and a sprinkling of magic. It is my desire that when you wear Albina Rose jewelry, your free spirit will be released, you will feel the enchantment of romance and a warm glow from that touch of magic.
It all began with my grandmother, who my business is named after, Albina Rose.  She taught me to crochet when I was 9.  She passed away in 1988 at the age of 93 and my most treasured gift from her is her large, very old and very worn wooden crochet hook.  My mother is a seamstress and taught me to sew when I was 11.  I used to follow my father, a master carpenter, around in his workshop trying to help in any way I could.
Handmade Fairy CuffMy oldest ancestor is a master armorer who emigrated from St. Malo France to Montreal Quebec in the late 1600s.  So you see, the love of handmade and the need to create is in my blood and goes a very long way back.
I live with my husband in Western New York on 8 peaceful wooded acres.  My studio loft is surrounded by windows.  I have the best views of our woods where I can see all kind of wildlife and every form of weather right from my desk, or sitting in my wing chair doing handwork or at my sewing machine that is set in front of a window.
Many of my inspirations come from these surroundings, as well as my love of fantasy, faeries and faerie tales. I live in a beautiful and magical world that I love to share through my work.
Albina Rose on Handmade Artists

No comments: